Sharalike, the premier slideshow and photo management software for iOS, is making it easier than ever to create shareable meaningful moments with its new instant SmartShow technology. Staying organized is a goal for many, especially at the start of a new year, and with the constant advances in technology, iOS devices now fall into this category as they are often filled with clutter, such as thousands of photos and videos. With the instant SmartShow technology, users don’t have to worry about sorting through their photos and organizing them based on an event or activity, sharalike does it for you.
Sharalike’s new instant SmartShow technology offers a solution to those that have hundreds of photos and videos of the same activity and are faced with the dilemma of how to sort them and share their special moment with friends and family. With the new feature, users can snap photos during a weekend on the slopes, beach getaway or milestone moment, and sharalike will automatically sort through photos and, based on the date, location and picture content, identify a meaningful moment and create a slideshow that can be easily shared on social media or emailed through an automatically created link. The best part? The user doesn’t have to do anything. The app reviews your photo library when more than six images are taken in a specific location and notifies you when your slideshow is ready for sharing.
“With sharalike, users no longer have to worry about taking the time to organize photos and videos from a special event, the app does it for you,” said Aymeric Vigneras, CEO of sharalike. “Sharalike’s instant SmartShow technology identifies photos of a meaningful moment, sorts them, selects the best images and automatically creates a fun slideshow, making it so that the only action users have to take is sharing it with friends and family. Users will be pleasantly surprised when the app prompts them that their slideshow is ready, especially those who might have already forgotten about all of the images they took!”
Sharalike has been continuing to evolve its technology since the app launched in 2014. The free app allows users to seamlessly organize photos and videos from any device into a shareable slideshow set to music and fun graphics – all in just a matter of three clicks. Since June 2014, the company has significantly grown its user base; recently surpassing a total of 160,000 downloads with 120,000 active users.
In addition to the app’s latest update, instant SmartShow, sharalike includes additional user-friendly features such as:
- SmartSelection: Automatically organize photos and videos by date, location and picture similarity with a single click. SmartSelection intelligently selects the best photos based on a variety of criteria.
- Animated SmartShows: SmartShow lets users create HTML slideshows in seconds and share them through an automatically created link versus producing a large video file that is difficult to send and receive.
- Seamless Sharing: sharalike is private by default but you are only one click away from sharing your SmartShow on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, WhatsApp or email.
- Centralized Storage Location: sharalike comes with 5Gb of free cloud storage.
- Printing Capabilities: Through the app, users can easily order prints of their photos or even print their favorite photos on certain items including iPhone cases, shower curtains and pillows.
Sharalike, a Cambridge-based company, took home first place at Boston’s 2014 TechJam, where it competed against six other New England startups. The app is available in English, French and Spanish on the Apple iTunes Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch free of charge. For more information about sharalike, visit www.sharalike.com.